Ball 2015 - Part 3 - The Dress

On the 13th of June, I attended my Year 13 Ball at the Crowne Plaza in Auckland's CBD. It was a spectacular night, filled with glamour and excitement...

Ah, the dress. The most important part of any girl's ball or prom. I ADORED my dress. Admittedly, it was far from what I ever anticipated I'd wear. I had so many comments on the night that people were pleasantly surprised at my choice of dress. I wanted something that captured the curves known to Old Hollywood dresses, but I was a bit shy to show off my own curves. I went to the first dress store I could think of with my mum, and began to try dresses on. The third dress I put on, I knew it was the one for me.

Now, I'd be lying if I said that my dress didn't terrify me. I don't usually show off a lot of skin or wear tight-fitting items, and this dress did both. It was a floor-length, one shouldered, white gown. It was mostly backless, with only two straps crossing the back from one shoulder to the ribs on the other side. My mum described the dress as having a "Pippa Middleton" bottom, as the dress sat just above the bum and hugged it. There was a slit up the right hand side of the dress that rose to mid thigh, and there were cut outs along the sides that were accented with rhinestones.





These are the best photos of the dress I have. Mum took loads and they didn't save properly, which sucks. But you get the idea! It wasn't the vintage dress I had envisioned in my head, but rather a modern take on the curvy Old Hollywood dresses I love and when paired with vintage inspired hair and make up, the overall look was very pin up.

If you liked this post, check out my hair and make up posts as well.

Kelz x

Unknown

Kelz Leece is a beauty and style blogger from New Zealand, with a love of quirky ideas and vintage fashion. Styled By was launched in mid 2015 and involved style tips and tricks, make-up looks, random rambles and all sorts of fashion madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment