Thoughts By Kelz - Top 2015 Trends


And my thoughts on them…

All in all, 2015 was a reasonably good year for fashion. The year saw 70's era fashion resurrected with a modern twist, and as a lover of all things retro, I loved it. There were definitely downsides, as with every year of fashion - I mean, I could have gone my whole life without seeing flares making a comeback. However, the positives outweighed the negative, and with that, I decided to share my favourite 2015 style trends.

-Button Front Skirts
Personally, this was a trend I didn't actually invest in, purely because I'm not a huge skirt wearer, but I absolutely adored it. The button front denim skirt was a 70's trend that when paired with a graphic tee, french-braided pigtails and some Doc Martens, made my grunge-loving heart soar. The button down skirt was just the right combination of femininity and alternative fashion, and went with so many outfit options.

-Athleisure
I am of the opinion that athleisure among the greatest fashion trends to have come out of the past decade, or possibly ever. Being comfortable just became cute and I was a very happy gal. The garments that followed this trend combined comfortable exercise-wear with minimalist style to encouraged people to feel great - in both how they looked and how they physically felt. Athleisure allowed me to pair my favourite black, minimalist runners with jeans, or (if I felt like being super comfy) leggings, and be practical, feel comfortable, and look cute as hell! Sleek, geometric, and chic designs dominated this trend and became a modern style concept I felt like I could really get behind.

-Lace Up Fronts
Only one word is needed to describe this trend - sexy. All you needed to spice up any outfit and transform it into a perfect number for hitting the town was a simple top with lace up fronts and you were sorted. Sleek bodycon dresses, playsuits, leotards and simple tops all became symbols of a confident woman who knew she was sexy as hell, and worked it. Again, this trend was definitely one that had been resurrected from the 70's but with modern fabrics and colours, it was definitely not an unwelcome comeback.

-White Sneakers
Any and every outfit could be completed with some all-white kicks, and the finish product would always look completely adorable. Maxi dresses, jeans, playsuits, jumpsuits - adding white sneakers to any of it just rounded the look off to make the wearer look like a perfect example of street chic. My white kicks are my favourite shoes in my collection - and considering how many pairs of shoes I own, that is saying something.

-Off The Shoulder Tops
Once more, the best of the 70's were back. Floaty, off shoulder numbers, usually made from cotton or viscose, were ever present in the wardrobes of the stylish in 2015 and I adored it. In my opinion, shoulder-blades are such a flattering feature to show off and these light, easy to wear tops made flaunting them a breeze. This trend was one of my favourite summer looks and I hope it sticks around for a while.

Long story short, 2015 was pretty damn great and I can't wait to see what 2016 will hold for the fashion industry.

Much love,

Unknown

Kelz Leece is a beauty and style blogger from New Zealand, with a love of quirky ideas and vintage fashion. Styled By was launched in mid 2015 and involved style tips and tricks, make-up looks, random rambles and all sorts of fashion madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment