Ball 2015 - Part 2 - Make Up

On the 13th of June, I attended my Year 13 Ball at the Crowne Plaza in Auckland's CBD. It was a spectacular night, full of glamour and excitement...

With the idea of old Hollywood in mind, pin up make up was a no brainer.

The eye look was neutral toned, with white on the lid and a soft brown blended out from the crease. Dramatic eyeliner was a must, something I was quite excited about (I love me some eyeliner). I also used some thick false lashes to add an extra dimension. This was the first time I'd ever used false lashes on myself, so it was a rather interesting experience. I somehow managed to make them work.


I just used my usual foundation routine of moisturiser then liquid foundation, set with a translucent powder, then applied a light dusting of Black Box blusher and bronzer. My lips HAD to be the classic red, for which I used a BYS colour that amazed me. BYS are a cheap, drugstore brand and I love their eye colours. However, I always worry about buying cheaper lip colours for fear of awkward smudging and patchiness. Despite that, this BYS is my new favourite thing on the planet.


Overall, I'm pretty stoked with how the make up turned out! It coordinated nicely with the style of the  hair and the dress, and I had so many compliments on it.

Stick around for the rest of my ball posts, if you enjoyed this one, and have a look at my ball hair post while you're at it.

Kelz x

Unknown

Kelz Leece is a beauty and style blogger from New Zealand, with a love of quirky ideas and vintage fashion. Styled By was launched in mid 2015 and involved style tips and tricks, make-up looks, random rambles and all sorts of fashion madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment