Why Selfies Rule The World (A Body Confidence Ramble)

White girls, assemble! (I'm just kidding, everyone takes selfies).

We can all relate to that feeling when you take heaps of selfies but then you delete all but one because you think it's the only decent photo, then you end up deleting that remaining photo anyway because you end up staring at it for so long until you see every tiny flaw in your face so you hate it. Right? Only me? Awkward.

I'm serious though, everyone has taken a selfie at some point in their lives (and if you say you haven't, I don't believe you) yet there's this stigma that if you take photos of yourself, you're vain or whatever.

Nope. Nopeity nope nope.

This is rubbish.

Ladies and gents, I am here to tell you that you must never stop taking selfies. You'd be surprised how wonderful they truly are. Selfies are the easiest ways of capturing instant memories of your life. Ran into a friend you haven't seen in yonks? Boom, take a selfie. Seeing your favourite muso live in concert? Boom, take a selfie. If anyone looks at you like you're weird for taking selfies, ignore them. They probably took one earlier. While we're on the topic of selfies, you should know that your selfies are fantastic. Don't be afraid of your wonderful face, my friends! Post your selfies everywhere! You're beautiful and awesome!

In all seriousness, please don't ever feel that you're not "pretty" or "handsome" enough to take a photo of yourself. Your face is the outcome of the magical combination of thousands of genes mixed together to create you. Everything that has happened in your family's history has led to your magnificent face, body, and everything about you. I know how it feels to criticise yourself, and to feel ugly/worthless. Trust me, I know. But you should also trust me on the fact that you're freaking gorgeous.

This is not much of a blog post but I just wanted to share these thoughts.

Have fun, take stupid and silly selfies, or take selfies showing off how rad you look and that new outfit or what have you. Just capture any moment that you want and just go for it.

I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't lead by example, so here are some of mine.

Getting ready for a date, like a boss.

I was proud of my brows that day.

Because my mum is my favourite person :3

Unknown

Kelz Leece is a beauty and style blogger from New Zealand, with a love of quirky ideas and vintage fashion. Styled By was launched in mid 2015 and involved style tips and tricks, make-up looks, random rambles and all sorts of fashion madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment