Ball 2015 - Part 1 - Hair

On the 13th of June, I attended my Year 13 Ball at the Crowne Plaza in Auckland's CBD. It was a spectacular night, full of glamour and excitement...

For my overall look, I wanted to capture an essence of old Hollywood/vintage style. I'm a lover of anything vintage, and I desperately wanted my ball look to be inspired by that. I really wanted to channel the Jessica Rabbit type waves, however, my hair was only shoulder length at the time so it was too short to really pull it off. In the end, I opted for the classic, forties, old Hollywood curls.


To begin with, I curled sections of my hair with a curling tong, then wrapped each section back up into the curl and pinned it to my head using a LOT of bobby pins. I left it like this while I did my make up, allowing the hair to cool down with the curl still tight, meaning that the hair would hold the curl for longer.


Once I finished my makeup, I removed all of the pins and began to pull the curls apart.


I then brushed through the hair with a comb, to get more of that Jessica Rabbit style curl that I really loved, and also to loosen up the curls and make them a bit bouncier. I also twisted two sections on the left-hand side of my head and pinned them back.

Now, I usually suck at doing hair. I'm confident with make up, but hair is typically not my forte. Especially as I have really thick, fluffy and uncontrollable hair. I wasn't sure about whether or not I should do my own hair for the ball or pay a professional to do it, but I'm glad I took up the challenge of doing it myself. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.



Stick around to see my other ball posts, if you liked this one.

Kelz x

P.S. Isn't my boy rather handsome too?

Unknown

Kelz Leece is a beauty and style blogger from New Zealand, with a love of quirky ideas and vintage fashion. Styled By was launched in mid 2015 and involved style tips and tricks, make-up looks, random rambles and all sorts of fashion madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment